City Honors & Awards
Modesto. The name of our city is derived from the Spanish word, "Modest," but as you can see, we have a lot to brag about! Here, we chronicle our awards and recognition. Find out all the ways Modesto is a terrific place to live, work and play.
- Modesto Rates 8 out of 150 Best Cities for Summer Jobs (PDF)
- Modesto doughnut shop ranks among top 15 in nation (PDF)
- 7 Tulip Farms To Visit In America (PDF)
- 2016 National Night Out Award Winner
- 2016 Digital Cities_ Winners Focus on Transparency, Security, Infrastructure
- Modesto, California A Model for a Bicycle-Friendly City- Streetsblog California (PDF)
- 9 Companies as Cool as Google - Hiring Now! - Glassdoor Blog (PDF)
- 22 Things You Need To Know About Modesto Before You Move There - Movoto (PDF)
- Most Fun Cities in California, As Ranked in New Report - Los Alamitos, CA Patch (PDF)
Recreation is for everyone! Financial Assistance now available for kids, disabled adults and seniors for all City of Modesto Recreation programs. Read on...
Modesto City Council voted on July 11, 2017 to approve a resolution assessing a service fee of 2.4% for all debit and credit card transactions, excluding certain city services. Read on...
Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA) has given an Award for Outstanding Achievement in Popular Annual Financial Reporting to the City of Modesto. Read on...
The city of Modesto has been selected to participate in Bloomberg Philanthropies’ What Work Cities initiative – one of the largest-ever national philanthropic efforts to enhance the use of data and evidence in the public sector. Read on...